How To Improve
Our approach to waste reduction and process improvement. Tips for using this approach in YOUR business.
... Is your business experiencing more demand than you’re currently able to meet?
... Are you feeling like you don’t have the capacity to do all that you’re being asked to do, whether that’s managing a large staff or even staying on top of your email inbox, day-in and day-out?
... Are you facing the same problems over and over again in your business (or at home)?
... Is there a longer lead time than you’d like between the production of your product and getting it to your customer?
... Do you feel like you’re putting a lot more into the production/delivery of your good or service than your customer is getting out of it?
... Do you feel like your intelligence and experience isn’t being fully leveraged at work? Likewise for the intelligence and experience of your staff?
Then this seminar is for you.
Over the course of 10 years, Zingerman's Mail Order more than doubled sales without expanding production space while reducing seasonal hiring by half. How?
Through the focused application of Continuous Improvement (Kaizen) methodology. Those impressive results set all of us at Zingerman's on an exciting journey of waste reduction and process improvement.
Learn from our successes and challenges on this path so far and hear why it's a good path to be on. You'll learn from Zingerman's front-line staff and managers who are spearheading process improvement projects and you'll leave with specific tools to start projects of your own.
Not just for production facilities, our Path to Lean can be successfully applied to services, office operations, training, leadership - really just about any aspect of business, or life - even your laundry!
Come to this 2-day seminar to:
- Learn about Continuous Improvement (LEAN) and get equipped with actionable ways to improve systems in your organization right away.
- Discover how Zingerman’s is using Continuous Improvement in a variety of ways.
- Use new knowledge to assist current and future leaders in your organization.
- Connect with a network of peers to call upon to help you get past roadblocks.
- Laugh out loud, have a-ha moments and realize that lots of well-meaning and well-run organizations face the challenges you do.
- Tour several Zingerman's businesses for a behind-the-scenes peek into how we are doing Continuous Improvement.
- Eat delicious Zingerman’s breakfasts and lunches catered by Zingerman's Deli, Zingerman's Roadhouse and Miss Kim.
- Get buzzed on coffee roasted by Zingerman’s Coffee Company and deliciousness from Zingerman’s Bakehouse, Creamery and Candy Manufactory.
ZingTrain Cancellation & Refund Policy: We understand that your plans can change unexpectedly. If you need to cancel a ZingTrain 2-Day Seminar or 4-Hour Workshop with more than 14 days notice, we will happily give you a full refund (although we will be sad not to see you!) or credit towards a future session. Within 7-14 days we will refund 50%; no refunds for cancellations with less than 7 days notice. Credits expire after 5 years.
Continuous Improvement: Why do it?
Zingerman's History and Vision
5 Needs of a Supervisor
Standard Operating Procedures
Reflection and Overview of Day 2
Creating a Task Board