NOV 28 | Building a Better Video: an Entrepreneur's Guide For How to Tell the Best Digital Stories For Your Brand
November 28 | JOSH BUOY
8:00 - 9:30AM at ZingTrain
*Students/Non-Profits: Use discount code MITTEN to get $10 off the price of admission!
As you've likely noticed in your newsfeeds, video is everywhere. By 2019, 80% of the content that we digest online will be in the form of a video. Video is a great way to engage with your audience and tell the story of your brand, but in a media-saturated world, how can you get the attention of your customers and supporters? Video production is complex, not to mention costly, and it seems like new ways to consume content pop up every day.
Josh Buoy wants to help you cut through the noise. In his talk, Josh will draw on nearly a decade of professional production experience to share best practices for creating digital video today. Through examples and first-hand insights, he’ll walk through each step of the production process with the hope that you'll leave feeling more confident telling the story of your brand.
ABOUT Josh Buoy:
Josh Buoy is the Executive Producer and Co-Founder of Snowday, a creative production studio in Brooklyn, NY. In his role, Josh has led the production of dozens of video campaigns for global brands and institutions, most notably in higher education and technology. Just this year, Josh was asked to speak on a panel at the 2018 Sundance Film Festival on the future of filmmaking, and led a workshop for entrepreneurs at U-M on the power of storytelling. Josh recently completed production of his first original short film, “Ghosts,” and is set to direct a series of short films throughout 2019.
ABOUT the event:
7:30 am - 8:00 am : Doors open for Registration, Coffee and Coffee Cake
8:00 am - 9:00 am : Speaker presentation
9:00 am - 9:30 am : Q&A
9:30 am : Adjourn
ZINGTRAIN SPEAKER SERIES TICKETING TRUTHS - Success means you get better problems. Here at Speaker Series HQ we've got ourselves some. So, we put some rules in place so that our problems, better or otherwise, don't become your problems:
- Buy 6 seats for the price of 5 - Yep! While we no longer offer season passes like we have in seasons past, we are still offering a similar money-saving deal with our 6-packs. Attend the whole season yourself or buy a 6-pack for your business (register with the name of your business) and send as many people as you'd like throughout the season. Buy as many 6-packs as you'd like! Share the pack with your friends, if you wish - sharing is caring!
- 6-Packs are only good for Speakers Series sessions this season (through December 12, 2018). We will no longer be accepting season-to-season carry-over tickets -- it's a use 'em or lose 'em type of deal!
- If you decide a 6-pack is right for you, we want to be sure we have a seat ready for you at the sessions you plan to attend. There are two ways to do that: either let us know which sessions you plan to attend after purchasing your 6-pack OR when you receive an RSVP email from us the Monday before that Wednesday's session. This helps us tremendously in planning and we really appreciate it -- you rock!
- If you let us know that you cannot attend a session you've registered for 24 hours in advance, we would happily (well not happily, because we'll miss you!) refund your money. (6-Packs Excluded)
- We will no longer be able to offer refunds/transfers if someone does not show up for a session they registered for. We're finally catching up with the way the rest of the world does it.