DEC 12 | DoNothing: The Most Rewarding Leadership Challenge You Will Ever Take
December 12 | Rob Dube
8:00 - 9:30AM at ZingTrain
*Students/Non-Profits: Use discount code MITTEN to get $10 off the price of admission!
Business leaders have a lot on their plates–making decisions, fixing problems, managing money (the list goes on)–that requires composition, control and the ability to focus. What if, as a business leader, you were told that to do it all and do it well, just do nothing?
Author and speaker Rob Dube challenges you to do just that (nothing, that is) and will share his leadership story and lessons learned from more than 13 years of daily meditation practice, as well as biannual silent meditation retreats. Do nothing and become the strongest, most efficient and most mindful leader you can be!
ABOUT Rob Dube:
From Blow Pops to Forbes Best Small Companies! Rob started his first business in high school selling Blow Pops out of his locker. For the last 27 years, he’s served as President and Co-founder of imageOne, ranked as one of the Top 25 Small Businesses in America on the 2017 list of Forbes Small Giants.
Throughout Rob’s entrepreneurial journey, he’s developed an unwavering passion for delivering extraordinary experiences that positively impact the lives of his team members, the goals of their customers, and the fabric of the community…A unique approach to business that has driven the company to success in its industry, and as a top workplace. imageOne is the leading organization in Managed Print Services and Document Software Solutions, and is well-known as an exceptional company, receiving local and national recognition for its multi-award-winning culture.
Rob is an avid meditator of 13 years, the author of donothing™: the most rewarding leadership challenge you will ever take and organizer of the donothing™ leadership silent retreat.
Back to the Blow Pops — an early passion for entrepreneurship took shape in high school, when Rob teamed up with imageOne Co-founder and CEO, Joel Pearlman, to start their first business together, selling Blow Pop lollipops out of their lockers to classmates. When students started lining the halls every day to buy their product, Rob and Joel knew they were onto something special.
Today, with Core Values as the foundation, Rob and Joel have grown imageOne into the leading organization in Document Lifecycle Management and a company well-known as exceptional; receiving national recognition for its rapid growth and strong focus on culture. Along with its 2017 Small Giants distinction from Forbes Magazine as one of 25 Best Small Companies in America, imageOne is also recognized as a National Best and Brightest Company to Work For (5 time honoree), one of Inc. 5000’s Fastest Growing Private Companies in America (6 time honoree), a 2017 Positive Workplace by the University of Michigan’s Stephen M. Ross School of Business, and one of Crain’s Detroit Cool Places to Work 2018 (2 time honoree).
imageOne holds the CompTIA Managed Print Trustmark, is a member of the Center for Positive Organizations at the University of Michigan’s Stephen M. Ross School of Business, and practices company-wide open-book management, resulting in three consecutive years of recognition from The Great Game of Business All-Star Awards. For a full list of imageOne’s awards and recognitions, please visit its Passion to Exceed page.
Rob is a past Member of the Board of Directors for the Small Giants Community and a Member of the Small Giants Journey. He is a past Member of the Board of Trustees for the Boys and Girls Club and former Chairman of the Walk for the Future, and past President of the Detroit Chapter of the Entrepreneurs’ Organization. Rob was honored to receive the 2013 RARE Everyday Hero award for his work in the community.
Rob has taught both MBA and undergraduate business classes at Oakland University and speaks to student groups about planning for the future. Rob has been involved with Junior Achievement and served on the Executive Board of SIFE at Oakland University. He is a past mentor at Coolhouse Labs, an advisory board member at SavorFull, and an investor in Project Travel and MakerOS.
As an author and speaker, Rob challenges business leaders to donothing™, sharing his leadership story and lessons learned from more than 13 years of daily meditation practice, as well as biannual silent meditation retreats. In addition to his book, he is a contributor at Forbes, Thrive Global, and the EO Octane Blog.
Rob and his wife, Emily, have been married 26 years and live in Birmingham, Michigan. They have two children, William and Frances. Rob loves to spend time in Northern Michigan with his family and friends, enjoys snowboarding, and completed his 14th marathon at the New York Marathon.
ABOUT the event:
7:30 am - 8:00 am : Doors open for Registration, Coffee and Coffee Cake
8:00 am - 9:00 am : Speaker presentation
9:00 am - 9:30 am : Q&A
9:30 am : Adjourn
ZINGTRAIN SPEAKER SERIES TICKETING TRUTHS - Success means you get better problems. Here at Speaker Series HQ we've got ourselves some. So, we put some rules in place so that our problems, better or otherwise, don't become your problems:
- Buy 6 seats for the price of 5 - Yep! While we no longer offer season passes like we have in seasons past, we are still offering a similar money-saving deal with our 6-packs. Attend the whole season yourself or buy a 6-pack for your business (register with the name of your business) and send as many people as you'd like throughout the season. Buy as many 6-packs as you'd like! Share the pack with your friends, if you wish - sharing is caring!
- 6-Packs are only good for Speakers Series sessions this season (through December 12, 2018). We will no longer be accepting season-to-season carry-over tickets -- it's a use 'em or lose 'em type of deal!
- If you decide a 6-pack is right for you, we want to be sure we have a seat ready for you at the sessions you plan to attend. There are two ways to do that: either let us know which sessions you plan to attend after purchasing your 6-pack OR when you receive an RSVP email from us the Monday before that Wednesday's session. This helps us tremendously in planning and we really appreciate it -- you rock!
- If you let us know that you cannot attend a session you've registered for 24 hours in advance, we would happily (well not happily, because we'll miss you!) refund your money. (6-Packs Excluded)
- We will no longer be able to offer refunds/transfers if someone does not show up for a session they registered for. We're finally catching up with the way the rest of the world does it.