MAY 15 | Lead With Story: Engage Your Team
May 15 | Mike Ganino
8:00 - 9:30AM at ZingTrain
*Students/Non-Profits: Use discount code MITTEN to get $10 off the price of admission!
Storytelling gives meaning to culture building initiatives like engagement and adds rocket fuel to marketing efforts. Great leaders are great communicators at all levels. Engagement starts with answering the question “why?” Storytelling speeds up the process: why others should care, why they should get on board, why it’s essential to make one choice over another. Without effective storytelling, these initiatives reduce to a series of tactics, where the whole is less than the sum of its parts.
Storytelling is not about presentations skills and what to do with your hands. It is a way of thinking. It empowers you to create compelling communication that drives understanding, and uses empathy to reach your audience. In this tangible and interactive session, you’ll uncover universal communication frameworks, as well as guided practice in how to apply them.
ABOUT Mike Ganino:
Mike Ganino is a culture + storytelling expert who helps leaders and organization communicate, connect, and engage. He is the author of Company Culture for Dummies and has been named a top 30 Culture Speaker by Global Guru. In addition to his track record as an executive in the hotel, restaurant, retail, and tech industries, Mike’s worked with organizations like the American Marketing Association, Disney, and Uber. After witnessing his engaging session at last year’s event, we knew we needed him back this year. Ladies and gentle, please welcome Mike Ganino.
ABOUT the event:
7:30 am - 8:00 am : Doors open for Registration, Coffee and Coffee Cake
8:00 am - 9:00 am : Speaker presentation
9:00 am - 9:30 am : Q&A
9:30 am : Adjourn
ZINGTRAIN SPEAKER SERIES TICKETING TRUTHS - Success means you get better problems. Here at Speaker Series HQ we've got ourselves some. So, we put some rules in place so that our problems, better or otherwise, don't become your problems:
- Buy 6 seats for the price of 5 - Yep! While we no longer offer season passes like we have in seasons past, we are still offering a similar money-saving deal with our 6-packs. Attend the whole season yourself or buy a 6-pack for your business (register with the name of your business) and send as many people as you'd like throughout the season. Buy as many 6-packs as you'd like! Share the pack with your friends, if you wish - sharing is caring!
- 6-Packs are only good for Speakers Series sessions this season (through June 12, 2019). We will no longer be accepting season-to-season carry-over tickets -- it's a use 'em or lose 'em type of deal!
- If you decide a 6-pack is right for you, we want to be sure we have a seat ready for you at the sessions you plan to attend. There are two ways to do that: either let us know which sessions you plan to attend after purchasing your 6-pack OR when you receive an RSVP email from us the Monday before that Wednesday's session. This helps us tremendously in planning and we really appreciate it -- you rock!
- If you let us know that you cannot attend a session you've registered for 24 hours in advance, we would happily (well not happily, because we'll miss you!) refund your money. (6-Packs Excluded)
- We will no longer be able to offer refunds/transfers if someone does not show up for a session they registered for. We're finally catching up with the way the rest of the world does this.