MAY 29 | The Power of Visioning: Keeping Zingerman's Bakehouse Innovating and Relevant After 25 Years
May 29 | Amy Emberling
8:00 - 9:30AM at ZingTrain
*Students/Non-Profits: Use discount code MITTEN to get $10 off the price of admission!
What impels a simple bread bakery with 8 employees and a single customer, Zingerman’s Delicatessen, to grow into a thriving artisanal bakery and baking school in Ann Arbor, Michigan?
If you asked Amy Emberling, Managing Partner of Zingerman’s Bakehouse, she would credit many things, the number one of which was the creation of inspiring and strategically sound visions. At Zingerman’s, we teach Visioning to every level of our organization and use it to define what success looks like for events big and small – from launching a new product to determining a new region of the world to study.
Join us for a conversation with Amy. Amy will dive into how Zingerman's Bakehouse uses Visioning to improve and to continue innovating after 25 years while staying true to their mission.
You’ll leave with a “recipe” for writing your own vision and itching to define your version of greatness!
ABOUT Amy Emberling:
Amy Emberling is a Managing Partner at Zingerman’s Bakehouse, a nationally acclaimed artisan bakery in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Amy’s love of great food began in her childhood home of Nova Scotia, where she feasted on lobster and wild blueberry cake. She received her bachelor’s degree from Harvard College in Social Theory and her MBA from Columbia University. She learned to cook at the Ritz Hotel in Paris and in numerous Michigan restaurants.
Amy joined Zingerman’s Bakehouse in 1992 as a bread baker and then went on to manage the pastry department before moving away from Ann Arbor for several years. Amy returned to Ann Arbor in 2000 and joined Frank Carollo as co-managing partner of the Bakehouse. Zingerman’s Bakehouse employs a staff of 80 and supplies over 100 wholesale customers with artisan bread and pastries. Every loaf is formed by hand, proofed for optimal flavor development and baked in one of two stone hearth ovens. Zingerman’s Bakehouse also offers a spectacular selection of pastries, made with real butter, Madagascar vanilla and farm fresh eggs. In the fall of 2001, Zingerman’s Bakehouse introduced delicious, crusty bagels to their morning line-up thrilling traditionalists who had despaired of ever again getting a bagel with crunch.
Amy teaches a variety of internal staff classes and is a frequent presenter to outside organizations on Zingerman’s approach to customer service, training and management.
ABOUT the event:
7:30 am - 8:00 am : Doors open for Registration, Coffee and Coffee Cake
8:00 am - 9:00 am : Speaker presentation
9:00 am - 9:30 am : Q&A
9:30 am : Adjourn
ZINGTRAIN SPEAKER SERIES TICKETING TRUTHS - Success means you get better problems. Here at Speaker Series HQ we've got ourselves some. So, we put some rules in place so that our problems, better or otherwise, don't become your problems:
- Buy 6 seats for the price of 5 - Yep! While we no longer offer season passes like we have in seasons past, we are still offering a similar money-saving deal with our 6-packs. Attend the whole season yourself or buy a 6-pack for your business (register with the name of your business) and send as many people as you'd like throughout the season. Buy as many 6-packs as you'd like! Share the pack with your friends, if you wish - sharing is caring!
- 6-Packs are only good for Speakers Series sessions this season (through June 12, 2019). We will no longer be accepting season-to-season carry-over tickets -- it's a use 'em or lose 'em type of deal!
- If you decide a 6-pack is right for you, we want to be sure we have a seat ready for you at the sessions you plan to attend. There are two ways to do that: either let us know which sessions you plan to attend after purchasing your 6-pack OR when you receive an RSVP email from us the Monday before that Wednesday's session. This helps us tremendously in planning and we really appreciate it -- you rock!
- If you let us know that you cannot attend a session you've registered for 24 hours in advance, we would happily (well not happily, because we'll miss you!) refund your money. (6-Packs Excluded)
- We will no longer be able to offer refunds/transfers if someone does not show up for a session they registered for. We're finally catching up with the way the rest of the world does this.