OCT 3 | The Opioid Epidemic: What It Is, What’s Being Done About It and How YOU Can Help
October 3 | Chad Brummett
8:00 - 9:30AM at ZingTrain
*Students/Non-Profits: Use discount code MITTEN to get $10 off the price of admission!
Every day, more than 115 people die as a result of using opioids (including prescription pain relievers, heroin, synthetic opioids) and that number is on the rise. It’s a crisis on the home-front and on the work-front, and has cost the United States ~$78.5 billion, between healthcare, lost productivity, addiction treatment and the involvement of the criminal justice system.*
How exactly did we get here? And what is being done to stop it? Chad Brummett, the Director of Pain Research and Director of Clinical Anesthesia Research at the University of Michigan, will walk us through it all and will even leave us with some tangible ways that we can help.
ABOUT Chad Brummett:
Dr. Brummett is an Associate Professor at the University of Michigan where he is the Director of Pain Research and the Director of Clinical Anesthesia Research. Dr. Brummett is a co-lead of three major NIH grants studying pain concepts and a co-director of the Michigan Opioid Prescribing Engagement Network (Michigan OPEN, www.michigan-OPEN.org ). In addition to developing a preventive approach to the opioid epidemic by tailoring opioid prescribing, Dr. Brummett and his team are working to remove excess opioids from Michigan communities by organizing statewide opioid recovery drives and creating opioid disposal strategies.
ABOUT the event:
7:30 am - 8:00 am : Doors open for Registration, Coffee and Coffee Cake
8:00 am - 9:00 am : Speaker presentation
9:00 am - 9:30 am : Q&A
9:30 am : Adjourn
ZINGTRAIN SPEAKER SERIES TICKETING TRUTHS - Success means you get better problems. Here at Speaker Series HQ we've got ourselves some. So, we put some rules in place so that our problems, better or otherwise, don't become your problems:
- Buy 6 seats for the price of 5 - Yep! While we no longer offer season passes like we have in seasons past, we are still offering a similar money-saving deal with our 6-packs. Attend the whole season yourself or buy a 6-pack for your business (register with the name of your business) and send as many people as you'd like throughout the season. Buy as many 6-packs as you'd like! Share the pack with your friends, if you wish - sharing is caring!
- 6-Packs are only good for Speakers Series sessions this season (through December 12, 2018). We will no longer be accepting season-to-season carry-over tickets -- it's a use 'em or lose 'em type of deal!
- If you decide a 6-pack is right for you, we want to be sure we have a seat ready for you at the sessions you plan to attend. There are two ways to do that: either let us know which sessions you plan to attend after purchasing your 6-pack OR when you receive an RSVP email from us the Monday before that Wednesday's session. This helps us tremendously in planning and we really appreciate it -- you rock!
- If you let us know that you cannot attend a session you've registered for 24 hours in advance, we would happily (well not happily, because we'll miss you!) refund your money. (6-Packs Excluded)
- We will no longer be able to offer refunds/transfers if someone does not show up for a session they registered for. We're finally catching up with the way the rest of the world does this.