MAY 1 | It's Not Me, It's You - Changing Defensive Communication
May 1 | Sarah Brabbs
8:00 - 9:30AM at ZingTrain
*Students/Non-Profits: Use discount code MITTEN to get $10 off the price of admission!
We recognize when someone acts defensive towards us, and when we become defensive – but it can be hard to see through this and instead, successfully navigate these tricky communication situations.
Come learn about defensive communication – what it is, why we do it, what to do instead, and how to move ourselves and others beyond a defensive communication climate. Be proactive, not reactive.
You’ll leave with a plan to:
- Declaw & demystify defensive conversations
- Handle yourself better in charged defensive moments
- Teach others how to more effectively navigate these messy moments
ABOUT Sarah Brabbs:
Sarah Brabbs has been referred to as a "catalyst for change." Sarah is the author of "So People Say You're An Asshole: A Book for You, People Who Love You, and People Who Work With You" – and through her speaking she loves to inspire, educate, and send out changed audiences with better communication skills, who then leave and improve relationships at work and at home.
ABOUT the event:
7:30 am - 8:00 am : Doors open for Registration, Coffee and Coffee Cake
8:00 am - 9:00 am : Speaker presentation
9:00 am - 9:30 am : Q&A
9:30 am : Adjourn
ZINGTRAIN SPEAKER SERIES TICKETING TRUTHS - Success means you get better problems. Here at Speaker Series HQ we've got ourselves some. So, we put some rules in place so that our problems, better or otherwise, don't become your problems:
- Buy 6 seats for the price of 5 - Yep! While we no longer offer season passes like we have in seasons past, we are still offering a similar money-saving deal with our 6-packs. Attend the whole season yourself or buy a 6-pack for your business (register with the name of your business) and send as many people as you'd like throughout the season. Buy as many 6-packs as you'd like! Share the pack with your friends, if you wish - sharing is caring!
- 6-Packs are only good for Speakers Series sessions this season (through June 12, 2019). We will no longer be accepting season-to-season carry-over tickets -- it's a use 'em or lose 'em type of deal!
- If you decide a 6-pack is right for you, we want to be sure we have a seat ready for you at the sessions you plan to attend. There are two ways to do that: either let us know which sessions you plan to attend after purchasing your 6-pack OR when you receive an RSVP email from us the Monday before that Wednesday's session. This helps us tremendously in planning and we really appreciate it -- you rock!
- If you let us know that you cannot attend a session you've registered for 24 hours in advance, we would happily (well not happily, because we'll miss you!) refund your money. (6-Packs Excluded)
- We will no longer be able to offer refunds/transfers if someone does not show up for a session they registered for. We're finally catching up with the way the rest of the world does this.