OCT 17 | The Habit of Courage: Become the Best Advocate For Your Dreams
October 17 | Laura Khalil
8:00 - 9:30AM at ZingTrain
*Students/Non-Profits: Use discount code MITTEN to get $10 off the price of admission!
Have you ever thought about leaving your job to pursue a dream of starting your own business, with a starting salary of a whopping $0 per year? Or had the desire to do stand-up comedy in front of 200 people because you thought you could?
Laura Khalil has been there and through this humorous and interactive talk, she’ll share research and real-life stories to show you how developing the habit of courage is the key to becoming a better advocate for your personal and professional dreams and leading a rich and fulfilling life.
ABOUT Laura Khalil:
Laura Khalil is a branding consultant turned speaker who uses humor and storytelling to captivate audiences with a message of inspiration and personal empowerment. She speaks to audiences about her experience triumphing in a world that doesn’t always embrace bold women. Penalized by her bosses for years for being a driven and assertive woman in the workforce, she launched her own business in 2013, determined to thrive on her own terms. She quickly learned that being confident, enthusiastic and self-assured became her greatest assets in building a thriving branding consultancy. Her clients include Twitter, GE, Intel, Intuit and more. Today she speaks to audiences at Intermitten, Operation HOPE, Bamboo Detroit, Creative Mornings, Ladies Get Paid, IT in the D, WXYZ on how we can learn live courageous and fulfilling lives.
ABOUT the event:
7:30 am - 8:00 am : Doors open for Registration, Coffee and Coffee Cake
8:00 am - 9:00 am : Speaker presentation
9:00 am - 9:30 am : Q&A
9:30 am : Adjourn
ZINGTRAIN SPEAKER SERIES TICKETING TRUTHS - Success means you get better problems. Here at Speaker Series HQ we've got ourselves some. So, we put some rules in place so that our problems, better or otherwise, don't become your problems:
- Buy 6 seats for the price of 5 - Yep! While we no longer offer season passes like we have in seasons past, we are still offering a similar money-saving deal with our 6-packs. Attend the whole season yourself or buy a 6-pack for your business (register with the name of your business) and send as many people as you'd like throughout the season. Buy as many 6-packs as you'd like! Share the pack with your friends, if you wish - sharing is caring!
- 6-Packs are only good for Speakers Series sessions this season (through December 12, 2018). We will no longer be accepting season-to-season carry-over tickets -- it's a use 'em or lose 'em type of deal!
- If you decide a 6-pack is right for you, we want to be sure we have a seat ready for you at the sessions you plan to attend. There are two ways to do that: either let us know which sessions you plan to attend after purchasing your 6-pack OR when you receive an RSVP email from us the Monday before that Wednesday's session. This helps us tremendously in planning and we really appreciate it -- you rock!
- If you let us know that you cannot attend a session you've registered for 24 hours in advance, we would happily (well not happily, because we'll miss you!) refund your money. (6-Packs Excluded)
- We will no longer be able to offer refunds/transfers if someone does not show up for a session they registered for. We're finally catching up with the way the rest of the world does this.